Thursday, January 3, 2013

selecting ....sorting...organizing studio space 2013..............

 Today I was visited by two inquisitive little people...Sophia is in Kindergarten and her best friend ...her brother Hunter who is 4..... they love ART!
 Cindy Kelley was visited today by her grand daughter Jessica.... a 7th grader and a JOY to meet. 
Learning about Imagination...a poetry book written by Ken's 7th grade students and illustrated by some of my Art and photographs.....
 Tahoo ...new storage....I am determined to clear my wooden work table....allowing myself to have room to move and rotate my new works.... they may not be the sturdiest but back behind my desk they do offer a sense of organization....
a Merry Christmas lesson for my Kendyll....she is 7 years old and ready to paint....and more...

we began by applying our gesso...mixing white and blue an twinkle paints to create our sky filled with movement....
 then we shared a new appreciation for collage and tissue papers...
 I worked this small work right along with her....
 the concentration is intense....application of our snow figure using a sponge dob applicator....pounce and twist...
 snowflakes...stencils....stickers...glitter arms and jewel buttons...and a tissue folded scarf...felted snowflakes with jewel centers...........  I think she had a great time....
 Now can you guess what is in these boxes???????????  Do you think I gave myself enough visual clues???
 sorted...organized...ready for next year's explorations.............
tomorrow I am putting these all away in the big box from the Christmas party photo session..........recycling at its best!
 Whew ...I did not realize I had so much...until I began putting things away.....
 my new storage components....are beginning to fill and organized supplies are beginning to be accessible for my multitude of uses...I want them to be somewhat attractive also...because space is limited  I am working up the walls...
I think I am going to like this.  Tomorrow I will clear the desk top and my big wooden work table....Shine!!!!

I hope you all have a great day with smiles and affirmations to energize your spirit.  Imagine and Live in Peace and remember to SHINE!

Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment