Thursday, August 27, 2009

my mind is racing....




I have had a scattered day today with a mad search for a special birthday gift for my grand daughter and my constant search for mother of pearl embellishments for my fiber narratives. I found the first but lost out for the MOP quest. I have studied another artist's approach to adding layers on top of layers and I realized I have been playing too safe with my process of adding colors and images on the surface. Why am I so timid? The fear creeps in until I realize I should remember to PLAY with the applications... there is no one way to make the marks and when I just forget the fear I usually have at least some possibilities. Tomorrow we will just play and see what develops.

I have someone interested in publishing some of my narratives and images in a new magazine but it is in a different format from what I have been used to. With further information and a little help from my friends...that I have never met in person...I will try to make a connection. I have a nibble on a big commission for 2010 for a family I renewed a family connection through my niece Amber. The family is interested in working with me on a family heirloom in a modern approach for four separate works. And they are also willing to wait until after my exhibit next spring. Send out good energy because I could really use the money to pay my medical expenses.

I am saying farewell to a very familiar man who had many flaws and mistakes in his lifetime but at the same time Ted Kennedy worked until the day he passed. Watching the news coverage made me remember the 70's; 80's 90's until today. History will make a final judgement of this man's worth but as I study his eyes and hear his words I do believe he was an Uncle Teddy for all in America. This family legacy of the Kennedy family has been a costly one for them all.

I am still trying to limit myself to one hour on this computer universe but today a daily OM reminded me that putting yourself first means that it may be necessary to say NO to someone else in order to say Yes to yourself. "I am caring for myself so that I am better able to care for others." Remember to just breathe. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment