Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday with Mike at the Midland...








I delivered my "Golden Moments" assemblage to the Midland today for their Ovation Art auction tomorrow night to help raise funds for the school "Yellow Bus" program that allows children to sit in the green velvet seats for a live performance. I may not have extra monies to make a donation but I truly believe that Art Saves Lives and making special performances available to all students in Licking county is one of those courageous efforts to make a real difference in a child's life. I chose a memory from my first trip to Paris years ago and how this impacted my direction as an artist. I painted onto a 12 by 16 canvas, collage bits and pieces of memory's flickers and sewed a free form of my beloved Eiffel Tower. The glazes of gold and rouge colors united this intimate piece which I do so hope will renew a lost memory of their trip to Paris years ago. Ken helped me frame and wire the total frame so I do so hope this will bring a good donation to their fund raising Ovation 2009.
I attended another web conference about the importance of making an authentic connection with our patrons and community members and different methods to document the public value of the intrinsic values of the Arts in our lives. Mike Morris made this opportunity available and there were fewer participants this week. I need to make a few notes to myself on how I can remain visible and contribute even when there is little or no financial compensation. This economy will turn around and until then I am focusing on making the highest quality in my works as I prepare for show next May 2010. No one succeeds alone in this world and we need , I need to celebrate the accomplishments of other artists and support their endeavors. This Sunday is the Granville Art Affair from 11 am to 6 pm on the grounds at the Polo field. Tony and Kathy will be there and Ken and I are planning to check out this exciting adventure. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Your Golden Moments has beatiful colors. What a generous thing you are doing keep up your strength and take care.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete